Love is.........

Sunday, 6 February 2011
Good afternoon, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.  I haven't done as much as I'd like as I've been suffering a bit, hey ho that's life!

I have managed to make a card though!  The Penny Black Blog have launched a weekly challenge which will run every Monday and this week was a great sketch that I really wanted to use.  Can you believe that I'm starting to get the hang of sketches after having a fear?!  Anyway, I decided to make a 4.25" x 5.75" card and use one of my transparent sets that don't get enough ink time as I usually make 6" x 6" cards.  As Valentine's Day is also just a week away, I used the classy red, white and black combo.  I tried this a year ago and really liked how they worked.

 Supplies:
Stamps: Every Which Way - Penny Black; Medium: Copics
CS: Real Red - SU! Tools: Oval & Scallop Nesties, MS Doily Lace Punch, Bowmaker, Love Language CB Folder
Embellishments: Ribbon - Stash

I originally tried to use my MS Valentine Lace punch by they don't work in the lining up like the Doily Lace does.  I am also undecided about whether there should be a sentiment in the corner.  What do you think?

I am entering this in to the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge - Love, Love, Love
CES Challenges - Red & Romance
Crazy 4 Challenges - Valentine's Day
Secret Crafter - Valentine
Stampin for the Weekend - Valentine's Day
ABC Challenge - N is for Nestabilities (I didn't use the optional sketch)

Thank you for stopping by and for any comments you may leave, they are greatly appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I'm off to try and catch up on the ole blog hopping!

xx :0)

17 comments:

  1. Curlybear said...:

    Wow Beautiful card, and fabulous design and layout,

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 120 Valentines

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

  1. Michelle said...:

    Aww, this is gorgeous Sarah, I love the colour combo you have used and the lovely PB stamp, I need to use some of mine as I haven't used them for ages! Sorry to hear your back insn't good again, I hope it gets better soon xx

  1. Helen said...:

    This is gorgeous Sarah - love the CAS style!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

  1. Emma said...:

    What a lush card hun beatiful and love your martha stewart punch effect. Take care and hope you're feeling a little brighter xx

  1. debby4000 said...:

    Adorable, gorgeous card Sarah.
    luv
    Debby

  1. coops said...:

    gorgeous card sarah.i love the striking colours and the fab effect of the doily punch and adorable image :D

    xx coops xx

  1. Lovely card Sarah. I especially love the clean look and the white space you've left, I don't think it needs anything else!

    Hugs
    Brenda

  1. kath said...:

    this is so sweet sarah.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

  1. So pretty!

    Thanks for joining our "Valentine" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

  1. Sue said...:

    Hi ya
    a gorgeous card, very striking, luv the punched border, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

  1. Vicky said...:

    Totally gorgeous card love the image I've just finished making a card with the same image lol, just got post it now lol.
    Thankyou for joining us girls over at CES Challenges, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

  1. Vicky said...:

    Totally gorgeous card love the image I've just finished making a card with the same image lol, just got post it now lol.
    Thankyou for joining us girls over at CES Challenges, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

  1. Emma said...:

    Such a gorgeous card, adorable image.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

  1. Whisper said...:

    Super card, Luv Sam x

  1. crafty amy said...:

    This is adorable and you have worked that sketch so well. I love the effect f layering the punched border.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Emma's Store Challenge and good luck. Don't forget to check tomorrow to see if you have won and I hope you join in our next challenge.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

  1. Sarpreet said...:

    Such a gorgeous card - love the image.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and for the comments you leave, they are greatly appreciated. xx :0)